Join Our Staff
Welcome to Families for Excellent SchoolsAt Families for Excellent Schools, our employees are passionate about their belief that all children should have access to great schools and a great education. We have diverse professional and personal backgrounds, and we don’t simply accept them - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, organization and the communities with which we work. We are an active and energetic group, who like to roll up our sleeves and get things done, which reinforces our culture and organization's core values of Collaboration, Results, Grit, and Respect. FES has created a multi-step recruiting process built to guide the selection of individuals that can thrive in the roles they take on. Not all processes are the same, but below is an overview of our typical application process. Keep in mind that some processes may include more or fewer steps.
- Applying: Apply for a role through the links on this page and our Human Resources (HR) team will reach out if your resume stands out for the role.
- HR Phone Interview: A 30-minute phone interview with one of the recruiters on the HR team to discuss your experiences and skills, and to answer your questions about FES.
- Manager Phone Interview: Your chance to connect with the manager for the role. This is a good opportunity for us to hear more about how your skills and experience are relevant to the role and for you to hear more about the ins and outs of the team and role.
- Hiring Exercise: You will be asked to complete an assignment created specifically for this role. This step gives FES more insight into your skills for the role and gives you a taste for responsibilities of the role.
- In-Person Interview: You will meet with members of the team you are interviewing for, as well as other FES staff. This will give us more insight into your fit for the role and at FES and give you a chance to meet your potential colleagues.
- References: We will reach out to your former managers and peers for more insight into your experiences.
- Decision/Offer: Our HR team will reach out to you with our decision.
We typically inform candidates of next steps within a week of each step and your point of contact throughout the process will be one of our recruiters on the HR team. We look forward to meeting you!